With hammer and chisel in hand the demolition of the old camper internals began.
I removed the battery, stove, gas bottle and sink then it was time to start smashing.
You can see the hole in the floor pretty well in this photo. It turned out that only the visible ply wood had been painted. This meant that everything you couldn’t see died a slow damp death.
It was at this point that I realised that one of my key assumptions had been wrong. I’d intended to just replace the floor and leave the existing walls, but it turned out the walls were as moist as a 14yo girl at a Justin Bieber concert and had to be replaced as well.
After cleaning what was left of the frame up the demolition was complete and it was time to move onto construction of the new internals.